Friday, February 11, 2011

Book Masochism Challenge 2011

This is another easy challenge to fill, because I am already reading The Guardian's 100 Greatest Novels. Sort of. Meaning I requested/wished them all at PaperbackSwap, have received some of them, have filed said received books alphabetically by author on my TBR bookshelves, and have read exactly none of them since they began arriving.

Having a list and a deadline will do me good. (No kidding!)

Thanks are due to the very clever Susie at Useless Beauty for throwing down the gauntlet, with details to be found here.

Susie is reading 30 books this year, but I plan to read only 10.

1. Don Quixote – Miguel Cervantes

2. Robinson Crusoe – Daniel Defoe

3. The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky

4. Three Men in a Boat – Jerome K. Jerome

5. As I Lay Dying – William Faulkner

6. The Big Sleep – Raymond Chandler

7. Money – Martin Amis

8. Men Without Women – Ernest Hemingway

9. Daniel Deronda – George Eliot

10. If on a Winter’s Night a TravelerItalo Calvino

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow, you have some incredible books on your list! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing to this 100 list. You have selected a wonderful assortment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I enjoy most about books is the ability to share them, swap them and encourage others to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.