Saturday, January 1, 2011

We Have a Winner

Pop the champagne corks and shoot off the fireworks!

Celebration is in order and congratulations are due to Beachreader, winner of the Grand Prize in the Birth Year Reading Challenge. Beachreader read 7 books to qualify for the drawing of a single lucky name from among the 3 participants with the most candles.

A collectible first edition, first printing copy of The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award and the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction) will be on its way to her ASAP.


Thanks to all who participated in the challenge, with special recognition to Bev Hankins at My Reader's Block (who read 22 books!) and Caitlin at Chaotic Compendiums (who read 5 books).

Look for a new version of the Birth Year Reading Challenge to be announced soon (just as soon as C.S. and I determine this year's rules).

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Beachreader! And thanks again for sponsoring this great challenge. (And it looks like someone's going to get to slap me....I said I'd signed up for my last challenge, but if you're gonna offer a new version of the Birth Year Challenge, then I'm going to have a hard time refusing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you J.G. for hosting a terrific challenge. There were books in my year that I have put off reading for, well years, and I ended up discovering one of my now favorite books The Edge of Sadness. and like Bev I thought I had signed up for my last challenge, but a girl can always be tempted. :) Thanks, again.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.