Sunday, September 5, 2010

To Meme or Not to Meme (Oh, What the Heck?)


I'm not a big fan of bloggy memes, but this one's for a good cause, so . . . . Want to help mobilize the blogosphere to raise money for school supplies? Consider yourself tagged! (Beachreader? ModernMom? You in?)

Bev of My Reader's Block tagged me for this meme, Bag It Forward, sponsored by Elmer's (the glue people and specifically the geniuses who invented the glue stick). It benefits Adopt A Classroom with up to $10,000 for school supplies. Just by writing this post per the rules, I'm creating a $10 contribution to the cause.

ELMER’S VIRTUAL BAG IT FORWARD RULES

Copy and paste these rules into your blog post or Facebook note.

Create a post giving a “virtual bag of school supplies” to other bloggers or write about your Back to School shopping trip at Walmart.

Link back to the person who gave you a bag of school supplies.

Let each person you are giving a virtual bag of school supplies know you have given them a bag.

Leave your link in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward comment section. You can also find the official rules of this Virtual Bag It Forward program there.

Elmer’s is donating $10 for each blog participating in the Virtual Bag It Forward Donation to Adopt-A-Classroom (up to total of $10,000 for blog posts written by September 10, 2010).

Please note that only one blog post per blog url will count towards the donation.

Please also note that this meme ends at 11:59 PM EST on September 10, 2010. Post up and add your link in the comments before then or your post won't be counted.

There! That wasn't so bad, now, was it?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in! I don't do much of these myself, but I did think it was a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it and I'm in. I have sent a bag forward. Happy Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tag..I will see what I can do. I am so playing catch up:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for being good sports about the meme thing and doing your parts, y'all!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.