Saturday, June 12, 2010

What Happened to Blogging?

It seems to have disappeared completely from my schedule. And I'm not happy about that. I enjoy posting semi-regularly about goodness knows what.

Lately I've been spending my evenings organizing events and meetings for various clubs I belong to. This is not the most enjoyable use of my time. Useful, sure. But there are only so many hours in the day. Recently I've been getting up early and staying up late, still without finding any time to (for example) write any book reviews.

You know those people who belong to a club for years, paying their dues, showing up at the meetings, suggesting various improvements, and generally being a reliable member . . . without actually holding any position of responsibility? I want to be one of them.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I bailed from the one group I was on the board of. Life is much better. When things settle and it is a good moment, go for it.

    My two cents anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It needs to be that people take turns holding offices so that everyone gets a break. However, I think less people want to do it so it ends up that the same people hold the offices and do the work, year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Oreneta, the carefully-timed bailout is always a viable option. However, summer is a quiet time for the clubs so I have time to regroup and maybe don't need to bail. We shall see.

    Hip Chick, you are right, offices need to be passed around. When my term comes to an end, I hope to have someone else already recruited to take over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand about the feelings of being an active club member . We just had our installation yesterday for the new board for our local Soroptimist club and I can now step down as president. I loved it, but it is a ton of work.

    You are doing a fabulous job. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm hmmm. I told my preacher the next time committee appointments come up I want to be on the nominating committee so I can pick some folks for a change instead of always getting picked.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.