Thursday, October 1, 2009

This is Your Brain After Midnight

Our pal Hula had a post recently about her favorite childhood food, corn and mashed potatoes mixed together and doused with plenty of butter, salt and pepper.

Which, naturally, me being overtired and all, reminded me of my favorite childhood poem about food.

I eat my peas with honey.
I've done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny
But it keeps them on my knife.

I've never actually tried this, but I know a good poem when I hear one.

As for my favorite childhood food? Baked potato with plenty of butter, and then with milk poured over it. Delish. If it wasn't so darn late, I'd be making one right now.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Very funny. I love a good baked potato, too.

    My daugter's favorite food quirk is honey on fried chicken. I thought she was crazy until Bobby Flay said on FoodTV recently that he never eats fried chicken without honey. LOL.

    Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey on fried chicken is good, too. I've done that myself. What can you expect from someone who likes grape jelly on bacon?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.