Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Overscheduled

I'm going through a phase where everyone wants to invite me to everything. It's nice to be popular (even if a lot of it is work-related, it still counts, right?).

The downside is, "everything" is usually happening tomorrow and I already have something to do then.

This means I have spent the last two weeks or so saying variations of three basic things:

"Gosh, I'd really love to, but I can't" (the mature version of not being able to ditch your prom date just because you got a better offer)

and

"Hmm, let me check my calendar and get back to you" (because I have that phantom feeling I'm already booked, but I can't remember with what)

and

"Sure! Of course! Can't wait!" (which then requires me to reschedule that doctor's appointment/dentist visit/maintenance call/grocery shop/housecleaning frenzy/blog session, because I know I can).

Usually these periods of my life are followed by a stretch where my only answer is "I'm sorry, I'm just not accepting any invitations right now."

I feel another one of those coming along. Just as soon as I have time for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.