Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Squinchy

Is there a better word for that feeling in the bendy places -- behind your knees, inside your elbows, or on the tops of your shoulders -- when you've had just a touch too much sun? This weekend I managed to stand around watching some kids ride their horses, chill out at the pool, and do some volunteer yardwork at a women's center. I was wearing sunscreen, thank goodness, or I would have been roasted. But it still added up to Ye Olde Base Tan.

Yeah, I know nobody tans anymore. Not that I care much about that. It's summer in Florida, and I refuse to be afraid of the sun.

The way I see it, I'm ahead of the game as long as I'm not wearing a homemade mix of baby oil and iodine. That's what we sunbathed with, back in the day.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I have fond memories of sunning with baby oil and QT...listening to my AM radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and that feeling when your skin sticks to itself or some vinyl/leather surface......grimace

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.