Sunday, June 14, 2009

Book Snob

Confirmation that I'm a book snob: An acquaintance recommended The Story of Edgar Sawtelle to me, saying it was one of the best books she's ever read and that it profoundly affected her. I promised to check it out (to be polite) and did so online.

Yeah, yeah, okay, a boy and his dogs, rural life, a father's mysterious death, a suspicious uncle, confronting a murder, blah, blah, blah.

Sounds like your standard popular novel, that I normally wouldn't waste my time on.

But wait, it's a modern retelling of Hamlet? That's different! Now I'm intrigued.

2 comments:

  1. So you NEVER read trash chic lit when you are tired and fried????

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, no. I use non-fiction and fashion magazines for that (so I can just flip the pages and look at the pictures).

    I'm no fun, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.