Sunday, May 24, 2009

Whew!

Good news all around, for which I am thoroughly grateful.

I am officially approved for my new apartment--hooray!--and now thinking about the details of moving 10 steps away. C.S. thinks this move will be a piece of cake because it is such a small distance. I think it will be as much trouble as a regular move, if not more, because there is no incentive to be super-efficient for such a small distance. We'll see how it plays out.

Eve was indeed making a funny noise but it is not serious and not fixable, hence: no money spent. Her tires have worn unevenly due to a slight misalignment (so slight as to be imperceptible while driving) and that's what's causing the hum. Safety is not compromised, according to my mechanic; it's just annoying. The permanent solution would be 4 new tires and an alignment. But I still have plenty of tread and the tires are otherwise perfectly good for a while longer. The temporary solution? Turn up the radio. I can live with that.

The sun has finally come out, after a week of nearly solid rain. In my immediate area we have had between 7.25" and 18.54" of rain this month, depending on exact location. This is a good thing, as we were low on rain until recently and heading into the hot, sometimes very dry, wildfire season. However, do we have to have it all at once? It's supposed to cloud up again this afternoon and rain some more.

I saw Star Trek with friends last night and it is just as good (if not better) the second time. It's nice not to have to worry about following the plot and just enjoy the ride on the second go-round.

Meanwhile, it's another quiet Sunday . . .

2 comments:

  1. That is indeed good news all around, especially about EVE! Short moves are almost worse IMHO, you don't even really bother to pack, so you make a gabillion trips....good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that no-packing thing is my worry, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.