Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another $1 Beauty


Here's my latest score from paperbackswap.com. I'm amazed every time at what great condition these books are in. Although this one's been around since 1994, I'd say it's never been read.

Sometimes I think about where these books have been before landing in my library. Who bought them, and why? What shelf did they sit on, waiting to be read? How many owners have they had? Why are they being returned to circulation now?

Many very expensive books (signed copies, very small first printings, and so on) have a provenance, just like antiques. For the rest of them, we'll never know.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder the same thing about antiques, especially furniture. What stories could they tell if only they could speak about their experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish this worked outside the US...I understand why and all, but....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I belong to paperbackswap.com too and I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.