Monday, March 2, 2009

Wintery Fix

It doesn't snow here, although it gets what we call cold. For us lightweights, that's anything below 70 degrees. Right now, for example, it's 42 (feels like 34) and sunny for me, and 48 (feels like 43) and fair for C.S.

When we want a cold weather fix, we head to the webcam at Plymouth State University in Plymouth, New Hampshire. I used to live in Plymouth, and we went there on vacation two summers ago. It's the quintessential New England town, complete with a common, a bandstand, a statue of a boy scout, and an old mill that's been turned into classrooms and performance space for the university. If we lived there instead of here, our morning would look like this:


instead of like this:

3 comments:

  1. Just to echo J.G., I just walked in from mowing the lawn and was bundled up like an Eskimo the whole time. Our temp here is upper-40s, making it our coldest day of the year. But the wind is blowing and it feels like below zero. I've never mowed a lawn so fast in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I'm a wuss below 65. Of course our morning isn't as beautiful as yours today. We're getting inundated with more rain. Ah well, you'll have the rains later in the year and we'll have the sunny days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooooo not interested in a winter fix....brrrrrrr....

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.