Friday, November 28, 2008

101 Things in 1001 Days


I'm probably one of the last people to find out about this, but it's sure a tempting idea: identify 101 specific, measurable, aspirational, moderately life-expanding things to do, or clearly defined results to achieve, and then set out to accomplish them within 1001 days.

Coming up with the list can be started immediately. Doing everything on the list can take almost 3 years. And it gives you a nice place to write down those impulses that otherwise go into the back of your mind in the "Someday I'll . . ." category.

Of course, that category will still exist. It just doesn't work for me to decide to visit China within the next 3 years, although I definitely would like to see the Great Wall someday.

However, other Impulse Goals are easier to latch onto. Here's today's: See the Milky Way from Acadia National Park in Maine.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.