Saturday, August 16, 2008

Easily Amused

As an instant fan of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, I was thrilled to discover it had returned to the "free" category. One must only sit through two 10-second commercials to see all three episodes in one stream. It has some bigtime sponsors now (Honda, McDonald's, et al.). Corporate American isn't completely stupid.

The music is even more catchy the second time and I can't wait to see where they take it. Now that Dr. Horrible is in the Evil League of Evil, will he still be the likeable underachiever that we know and love? Or will the rest of the series be a prequel to his induction? Will we see more of Bad Horse and especially of Moist, my nominee for Best Unconventional Superpower? Is Johnny Snow going to be a real character? And what's up with Penny? So many questions. I am on the edge of my seat.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out http://www.drhorrible.com/. If you can tear yourself away from the Olympics, of course.

In related news (and to demonstrate the depth of my obsession), C.S. and I have both downloaded the Bad Horse Letter song as our new ringtone. We will have to be even more careful than usual to turn off the phone before going into a meeting, but otherwise . . . calls are more fun than ever to answer! Various Dr. Horrible songs and about a jillion other things for your phone are free at http://www.myxer.com/. Even I was able to handle the technology, so that tells you how easy it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.