Friday, February 26, 2010

The 50 Book Challenge

Adding this challenge hardly changes my plans for 2010, because I'm already reading about 35 books for other challenges. What it does is capture my non-fiction reading, impulse buys, and library finds--in other words, the books that get spliced in between my challenge books--and encourage me to push on past the 42 books I read last year.

Could this all be a massive rationalization, when the bare truth is that I am challenge-addicted? Maybe. As they say in "The Big Chill," don't knock rationalization, you can't get through a day without two or three juicy ones.

Here are the details for the 50 Book Challenge, hosted by Reading with Sea:

Goal: To read 50 books within the challenge timeline. This challenge is for those of us who cannot quite conquer 100 books in one year, but who still want to be motivated to continue reading and to read more.

Timeline: This challenge will be running from March 2010 through February 2011.

Guidelines: Participants will read 50 books of their choosing, fiction or non-fiction, within the challenge timeframe.

How simple is that? I can hardly refuse. Or, also to paraphrase "The Big Chill," I COULD have refused it; I CHOSE not to.

Gosh, I love that movie. I may have to watch it again tonight.

2 comments:

  1. THIS I am in for! Count me in!!! I'll go look at signing up...or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just occurred to me that there was a time when this would have been a walk in the park.. but lately I find myself spending more time reading blogs than reading books.. Serious imbalance there.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.