Friday, January 5, 2024

Color Coded Reading Challenge 2024 - My Sign-Up

And here we are again! I enjoy this challenge so much, even though filling that last category is always a stretch. 

Other people really like this challenge, too. Fortunately, Bev at My Reader's Block keeps offering it. The rules are a little bit relaxed because the required colors can be part of the title or appear on the cover. That makes it easier for me to choose from the TBR shelves. 

Although I've been known to substitute at the 11th hour (which is allowed), here's my list. I didn't mean to go so heavy on the Pulitzer Prize winners -- it just happened but well, why not?

1. Blue: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay - Michael Chabon (Pulitzer Prize) (review)
2. Red: Milkman - Anna Burns (Booker Prize) (review)
3. Yellow: The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho (review)
4. Green: The Night Watchman - Louise Erdrich (Pulitzer Prize) (review)
5. Brown: Half Wild - Robin MacArthur (review)
6. Black: Please Look After Mom - Kyung-Sook Shin (Asian Literary Prize) (review)
7. White: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz (Pulitzer Prize) (review)
8. Another color (orange): The Orphan Master's Son - Adam Johnson (Pulitzer Prize) Substitute: Let Us Descend - Jesmyn Ward (review)
9. Implies color: The Stone Diaries - Carol Shields (Pulitzer Prize) (stone is a noun here, but also a color, okay?) (review)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.