Friday, December 31, 2021

Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2021 - My Wrap-Up


Yay! I made it -- with hours to spare! (Ha!) 

That puts a nice bow on reading for 2021! Maybe it will cast an afterglow of success on 2022 reading, also.

This is a really fun challenge and sooooo easy that it's hard to imagine not being willing to do it. The only real question is: what mountain do you aspire to climb?

This year I kept my "mountain" small, committing to 10 books, and that went pretty well. I didn't even overlap with my other challenge very much. That made for some good reading: 32 books this year! 

And let me just say, it's way better to be planting a flag and waving with enthusiasm from the top of a smaller mountain than lying exhausted and defeated by the side of the trail on a larger one.

We'll see what next year brings. I'll definitely be participating again! 

My achievement this year:

Pike's Peak: 

1. Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen 
2. Klara and the Sun - Kazuo Ishiguro
3. Snowman: The True Story of a Champion - Catherine Hapka 
4. The Good Life: Helen and Scott Nearing's Sixty Years of Self-Sufficient Living - Helen and Scott Nearing 
5. The Decision Book: 50 Models for Strategic Thinking - Mikael Krogerus and Roman Tschappeler
6. Abide With Me - Elizabeth Strout 
7. The Road Not Taken: Finding America in the Poem Everyone Loves and Almost Everyone Gets Wrong - David Orr 
8. Strange as This Weather Has Been - Ann Pancake (Orion Book Award)
9. Early Autumn - Louis Bromfield 
10. Superior Women - Alice Adams 
11. Keep It Moving: Lessons for the Rest of Your Life - Twyla Tharp 
12. A Thousand-Mile Walk to the Gulf - John Muir 

Reviews are available under the Reviews tab or more easily here, if you're interested. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the good motivation you provide with this challenge. Happy New Year to you also!

      Delete

Talk to me! I love external validation.