Time for a fresh start!
In 2019 (yes, you read that right) I fell woefully behind on reviews. The usual suspects were involved: overscheduling and procrastination. I was reading a lot on the train and got way too far ahead of myself. At the end of the year, when I needed to write lots of reviews for the challenges I'd entered, it didn't happen. I didn't even have a good reason.
In 2020 I was determined to do better. I actually thought I could catch up and keep up with my reading. I wasn't riding the train anymore -- thanks to the pandemic -- so I wasn't reading as much. But I didn't experience the downtime that others experienced. Work seamlessly pivoted to working-from-home and most of my hobbies kept right on, uninterrupted. Catching up and keeping up didn't happen, but as of early December I was still optimistic that I could pull out some stops and at least review as needed for challenges. December 26th those good intentions (ahem) went up in smoke. The end of the year found me with an even larger deficit. Sigh.
And so, here I am, one-quarter through 2021 and not much better off. My good intentions and I have not made any significant progress, and I'm not sure it matters, anyway. After quite a bit of anguish, I've decided to wipe the review slate clean.
I hope I'll eventually feel relieved instead of guilty.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me! I love external validation.