Friday, December 14, 2018
Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2019 - My Sign-Up
You'd think I'd know the 2018 outcome before I start thinking about 2019 -- but this year things are different!
What's not different is that I'm in for this challenge again. I really like the idea of a challenge that's just about the numbers and whittling down the TBR list. Since moving into my house I've discovered the downside of having books double-shelved, and this is just the challenge to help me with that!
In 2018 I scaled Pike's Peak (12 books from the TBR shelves) and am currently having a go at the next level, Mount Blanc (24 books). Will I make it or turn back? It's too early to tell!
But in 2019 I'm heading for Mount Blanc right from the start!
This challenge is happily hosted by voracious reader Bev at My Reader's Block. She has fun little checkpoints along the way and handles her hosting duties with aplomb. Here's where you learn more and sign up if you want a challenge that's simple and also . . . challenging.
My Mount Blanc list (to be updated as I read):
1. Mud Season - Ellen Stimson (review)
2. Birds of the Air - David Yezzi (review)
3. The Incomplete Book of Running - Peter Sagal (review)
4. Organizing Plain & Simple - Donna Smallin (review)
5. Becoming - Michelle Obama (review)
6. How Life Imitates the World Series - Thomas Boswell (review)
7. A False Spring - Pat Jordan (review)
8. Swamplandia! - Karen Russell (review)
9. Tinkers - Paul Harding (review)
10. Coming to Land in a Troubled World - Helen Whybrow, ed. (review)
11. Women Rowing North: Navigating Life's Currents and Flourishing As We Age - Mary Pipher (review)
12. The View from Lazy Point: A Natural Year in an Unnatural World - Carl Safina (review)
13. A Thousand Acres - Jane Smiley (review)
14. The Magnificent Ambersons - Booth Tarkington (review)
15. Pennant Race - Jim Brosnan (review)
16. The Long Season: The Classic Inside Account of a Baseball Year, 1959 - Jim Brosnan (review)
17. The Colors of All the Cattle - Alexander McCall Smith (review)
18. The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love - Oscar Hijuelos (review coming soon)
19. Whiteman - Tony D'Souza (review coming soon)
20. Circe - Madeline Miller (review coming soon)
21. Vida - Patricia Engel (review coming soon)
22. Trespassing Across America: One Man's Epic Never-Done-Before (and Sort of Illegal) Hike Across the Heartland - Ken Ilgunas (review coming soon)
23. Alas, Babylon - Pat Frank (review coming soon)
24. The Curious Naturalist: Nature's Everyday Mysteries - Sy Montgomery (review coming soon)
Onward to Mt. Vancouver (36 books)!
25. The Confessions of Frances Godwin - Robert Hellenga (review coming soon)
26. Rambunctious Garden: Saving Nature in a Post-Wild World - Emma Marris (review coming soon)
27. River-Horse: Across America by Boat - William Least Heat-Moon (review coming soon)
28. 1066 and All That - W.C. Sellar and R.J. Yeatman (review coming soon)
29. Wild Comfort: The Solace of Nature - Kathleen Dean Moore (review coming soon)
30. Bernice Bobs Her Hair and Other Stories - F. Scott Fitzgerald (review coming soon)
31. The Invention of Wings - Sue Monk Kidd (review coming eventually)
31. The Urban Bestiary: Encountering the Everyday Wild - Lyanda Lynn Haupt (review coming eventually)
32. The Melting Season - Jami Attenberg (review coming eventually)
33. The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady - Elizabeth Stuckey-French (review coming eventually)
34. The Humane Gardener: Nurturing a Backyard Habitat for Wildlife - Nancy Lawson (review coming eventually)
35. The Power of Agency: The 7 Principles to Conquer Obstacles, Make Effective Decisions, and Create a Life on Your Own Terms - Paul Napper & Anthony Rao (review coming eventually)
36. Making Home: Adapting Our Homes and Our Lives to Settle in Place - Sharon Astyk (review coming eventually)
Who'd have thunk it? Here I am at the summit of Mt. Vancouver. The view is awesome from up here!
Now about all those reviews I need to write . . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you're joining me for another year!
ReplyDelete