Friday, December 14, 2018
Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2019 - My Sign-Up
You'd think I'd know the 2018 outcome before I start thinking about 2019 -- but this year things are different!
What's not different is that I'm in for this challenge again. I really like the idea of a challenge that's just about the numbers and whittling down the TBR list. Since moving into my house I've discovered the downside of having books double-shelved, and this is just the challenge to help me with that!
In 2018 I scaled Pike's Peak (12 books from the TBR shelves) and am currently having a go at the next level, Mount Blanc (24 books). Will I make it or turn back? It's too early to tell!
But in 2019 I'm heading for Mount Blanc right from the start!
This challenge is happily hosted by voracious reader Bev at My Reader's Block. She has fun little checkpoints along the way and handles her hosting duties with aplomb. Here's where you learn more and sign up if you want a challenge that's simple and also . . . challenging.
My Mount Blanc list (to be updated as I read):
1. Mud Season - Ellen Stimson (review coming soon)
2. Birds of the Air - David Yezzi (review coming soon)
3. The Incomplete Book of Running - Peter Sagal (review coming soon)
4. Organizing Plain & Simple - Donna Smallin (review coming soon)
5. Becoming - Michelle Obama (review coming soon)
6. How Life Imitates the World Series - Thomas Boswell (review coming soon)
7. A False Spring - Pat Jordan (review coming soon)
8. Swamplandia! - Karen Russell (review coming soon)
9. Tinkers - Paul Harding (review coming soon)
10. Coming to Land in a Troubled World - Helen Whybrow, ed. (review coming soon)
11. Women Rowing North: Navigating Life's Currents and Flourishing As We Age - Mary Pipher (review coming soon)
12. The View from Lazy Point: A Natural Year in an Unnatural World - Carl Safina (review coming soon)