Friday, May 22, 2009

Crossing My Fingers

I'm taking Eve into the shop today because she is making a funny noise. I'm sure the service guy gets a headache when he talks to me, because I always have these weird descriptions of my complaints. This time it's that the car "sounds like a truck." It's tire noise, not engine noise, if that helps. Surely he knows what this means?

I'm trying to think positively: it's a problem that can be solved by rotating the tires (which I need to do anyway) and doesn't involve spending hundreds of dollars on something like, say, new wheel bearings.

I love Eve and she is a fine little car, but we're approaching the point where I may have to start putting some money into her. Meaning, she's almost paid off and closing in on 80,000 miles. I don't mind spending a little money, really I don't. I just don't want to start right now.

If you have any good thoughts to spare, please send them her way! And maybe a few for the service guy, too.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you've named her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you and Eve and the service guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet you're not the only client who describes their car to the mechanic like that. Sadly, I think there are men now-a-days that do that. How embarrassing.

    Good luck to you and Eve! 80K isn't a long relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the good wishes! (They helped!) And yes, I hope Eve and I will continue to face life together for many thousands of miles to come.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.