Thursday, May 21, 2009

Still

As in . . .

Still waiting to find out if my application to move into the apartment across the hall is approved. I already live here. I just want to shift my location by about 10 feet. How hard a decision can this be?

Still working out the kinks in the pickle recipe. The first taste test resulted in a verdict of Not Enough Dill and Vinegar, a problem easily remedied. The second taste test indicated not enough brine time. The flavor was good, but the overall effect was of a cucumber coated in flavor, not a true pickle. I think patience is the only remedy for that. Unless I decide to speed up the process by cutting the cucumbers into quarters. Good idea, or big mistake? Being a pickle novice is rather stressful.

Still raining. I guess we are getting the whole year's rain this week.

Still reading Emerson. Is it really taking this long, or does it just seem like I've been stuck on this book forever? Falling asleep after 5 minutes of reading does not help. I am starting to think a daytime marathon reading event is the only solution. If it continues to rain this weekend, you'll know where to find me.

3 comments:

  1. The bedtime book sometimes is a kiss of death if it is a hectic time, after reading two pages a night for a while I just get tired of it, however great it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about pickles, but can't imagine quartering it will be a mistake.

    Hope you get into that apartment you want. Maybe someone else in the building wants it too and that's the hold-up.

    Daytime reading is the only way I can read. Otherwise I fall asleep. The only exception is warm and sunny afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know it isn't just me with the heavy eyelids. I'm going to start reading long before bedtime tonight and see if that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.