Monday, April 14, 2025

Tomorrow is Another Day

I don't know if it's the full moon or what, but it's been a long, long time since I've had as lousy a day at work as I had today. 

I felt constantly a step ahead of everyone (not in a good way), a step behind everyone, or just flat out invisible. I was ignored, uninvited, misunderstood, unsupported, and unacknowledged.  

For someone who prides herself on being on top of things and darn pleasant about it, most of the time, it was brutal. I was dreadfully out of synch and I'm sure it gave me a gloomy demeanor, at least in the second half of the day. 

When I saw how things stood, I shut my door, got some quality work done, and left on the stroke of the clock. Facing the beginning of rush hour was actually a relief after all that. 

To top it all off, the person I chose to talk to about it, once I got home, made comments that placed the blame for the whole thing on me. Perhaps true, but not what I needed or wanted to hear. Seems like I just can't win today.  

Fortunately, tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.