I overfaced myself this year, committing to Mount Blanc (24 books) and falling by the wayside not even halfway up, having read only 10 books from the TBR pile.
I read quite a bit -- 18 books total this year -- but fell prey to the lure of new books that (somehow!) kept arriving and demanding my immediate attention.
I did manage to read:
1. A Death in the Family - James Agee (Pulitzer Prize)
2. The Late George Apley - John P. Marquand (Pulitzer Prize)
3. The Cactus League - Emily Nemens
4. Where's the Moon? A Memoir of the Space Coast & the Florida Dream - Ann McCutchan
5. How to Read Nature: Awaken Your Senses to the Outdoors You've Never Noticed - Tristan Gooley
6. The Weather Detective: Rediscovering Nature's Secret Signs - Peter Wohlleben
7. The Invisible Garden - Dorothy Sucher
8. Hagitude: Reimagining the Second Half of Life - Sharon Blackie
9. The Singapore Grip - J.G. Farrell
10. Speed - Mark Harris
Reviews are under the Reviews tab, if they exist. I didn't manage to review everything -- writing reviews is a constant struggle for me, because I like to start another book right away.
Lesson learned (maybe), I'll be back for another year -- at a lower altitude!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me! I love external validation.