Reading by color is fun and always results in an eclectic book list!
The Color Coded Reading Challenge keeps trucking along, so Bev at My Reader's Block (the very definition of a voracious reader) keeps offering it -- yay! You can join anytime. That's lucky for me because how did it get to be late March already???
The required colors can be part of the title or appear on the cover, which makes things a little easier.
Will I do better at reviews this year? Who knows! I'll try. That's as much commitment as I can handle at this time.
Here's my list:
1. Blue: Hagitude: Reimagining the Second Half of Life - Sharon Blackie (review)
2. Red: Empire Falls - Richard Russo (Pulitzer Prize) (review) Speed - Mark Harris (review)
3. Yellow: The Weather Detective: Rediscovering Nature's Secret Signs - Peter Wohlleben (review)
4. Green: How to Read Nature: Awaken Your Sense to the Outdoors You've Never Noticed - Tristan Gooley (review)
5. Brown: The Late George Apley - John P. Marquand (Pulitzer Prize) (review)
6. Black: How to be both - Ali Smith (Women's Prize for Fiction) Lizard People - Ryan Rivas (review)
7. White: A Death in the Family - James Agee (Pulitzer Prize) (review)
8. Another color (teal): The Singapore Grip - J.G. Farrell (review)
9. Implies color: If Women Rose Rooted: The Power of the Celtic Woman - Sharon Blackie (review) (okay, it's a stretch but even though "rose" is used as a verb, I'm going to count it)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me! I love external validation.