Monday, March 1, 2021

Challenge Complete - Dread & Read Challenge 2020

With this challenge, everyone wins -- not only tackling those books that just keep hanging around on the TBR list, but gaining some sweeteners along the way. It's a double reward, and doesn't the sound like something that 2020 sorely needed? 

The international flavor of this challenge continues, with participation again from India, Canada, and Russia. Such fun!

Congratulations are in order to:

Neer, who knocked off 2 heavy-duty nonfiction books. One had been haunting her since 2002! Now she needs to name her sweeteners so she can fully enjoy her accomplishments. 

Carolyn, who read 3 additional books from authors known to her and found a mixed bag: 2 better than expected and let's just not talk about that 3rd one, okay?  

I should also mention that Serpent joined the challenge but has not yet reported her progress. I'm happy to wait as I know how it is to keep up with things. This is a non-competitive challenge that's really only about pushing yourself to meet your own goals, so lateness is not a factor.

Well done to all! Thank you for taking part in this wonderful, awful challenge! Your sweeteners will be on the way soon.

The Dread & Read Challenge will be on hiatus in 2021 while I deal with some personal disruptions related to house repairs. May I suggest you provide your own sweeteners this year? You deserve them! 

1 comment:

  1. Our dear Jane,

    Thank you for your generous and fun game! It is the only way I have some of my most treasured, hard to find or afford books, please know! My gratitude for your creative outlets is boundless. Whenever I give myself the pleasure of reading the next Kate Kingsbury mystery, waiting about two years in between since they are out of print, I think of you happily.

    I have read both of your Masaru Emoto books with pleasure and was astonished that you found me a new, autographed copy of the hefty trade paperback "Mythos Christos". It was eye-opening about Greek and other traditions from which the Christian religion was derived. Please don't hesitate to order sweeteners directly to our addresses, if it would save you postage money.

    We will miss your groups but for the second year, I am not hosting mine either. You know about last month's loss of our son-like cat, Spirit, at home to cancer. You need to find your missing girl and reprise the peace of your home. Let's stay in touch, however. I will tell you the next time I read a gift that is from you.

    Thank you for reading my posts. Wordpress has conked out on me again. The coming & going will be resolved when we have faster internet soon. Well done on your reading as well, Neeru.

    Your friend, Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.