Friday, January 31, 2020

Gaia Reading Challenge 2020 - My Sign-Up


Here's my third and final challenge for 2020, the Gaia Reading Challenge 2020 hosted by Sharon at Gum Trees and Galaxies. Big thanks to Jamie at Whatever I Think Of! for pointing it out to me. 

I'm happy to join and looking forward to conversations all the way around the world to Australia and back. You can sign up at any time and there will be monthly links for reviews. Head over to the challenge page if you want to join in. 

I also anticipate learning about some interesting new-to-me books. The TBR list may grow, no matter how many books I read, but I'm okay with that. (I added two TBR books from the very first post in the challenge, so I'm off to a great start!) 

Here's my plan. I've purposely chosen a wide variety, from historical fiction to environmental law to essays to outdoor life to nature religion/psychology. Perhaps I will read more -- my environmental TBR is huge! -- but I'm trying to show some restraint, not to mention setting an achievable goal. 

1. Rewilding: Meditations, Practices, and Skills for Awakening in Nature - Micah Mortali (review)
2. Tom Brown's Guide to Healing the Earth - Tom Brown, Jr. with Randy Walker, Jr. (review)
3. The Zookeeper's Wife - Diane Ackerman (Orion Book Award) substitute: A Naturalist in Florida: A Celebration of Eden - Archie Carr 
4. The Rights of Nature: A Legal Revolution That Could Save the World - David R. Boyd
5. Upstream: Selected Essays - Mary Oliver

Note: See Reviews page for reviews that were posted after the challenge was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I love external validation.