Friday, January 4, 2019
Challenge Complete - Dread & Read Challenge 2018
Everyone's a winner with this challenge, if they did the reading they set out to do. (I didn't manage it -- again -- so my dread carries over for another year. Yes, I know: I'm setting a lousy example.)
Congratulations are in order to:
Neer at A Hot Cup of Pleasure, who cleared off 4 dreaded nonfiction books that had been languishing on her TBR shelf for 10 years!
Bev at My Reader's Block, who knocked down 3 dreaded titles and lived to tell the tale.
Carolyn at Riedel Fascination, who pushed herself through 4 dreaded titles and spanned the spectrum from actually liking one of them to discovering the Least Liked Book Ever.
Becky at Becky's Book Reviews, who gathered a slew of great quotations while reading her dreaded novel.
Marina, who joined us all the way from Moscow and found new reading motivation for 3 dreaded books along the way!
Congratulations to one and all! I hope everyone feels happy and relieved with their results, and even if the books were just as challenging or awful or boring as expected -- well, at least they are d-o-n-e.
Keep an eye on your mailboxes, please! Sweeteners will be arriving soon!
If you have some books you'd like to put behind you this year and need a little extra incentive to do that, the Dread & Read Challenge 2019 is open here. Please join in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks Jane but don't mail the goodies right now. Would mail you my new address.
ReplyDeleteOkay, waiting to hear from you!
DeleteI submitted one more review yesterday :) hadn't seen this post :/
ReplyDeleteUpdated now! :-)
DeleteMarina, can you please e-mail me your address, so I can send out your sweeteners? hotchpotcafe(at)gmail.com
Delete