Well, that was fast! No sooner did I finish this challenge for 2018 than I decided to go ahead and put in for next year.
Bev at
My Reader's Block runs a pleasantly relaxed challenge and I enjoy the way it pushes me to read my chosen books without giving me too many rules to follow. As one example of this, the colors can be in the book titles or appear on the cover. That makes it easy to mine my TBR pile for books that will work.
Sign up here if you want to join in.
My books:
Red:
Chinaman - Shehan Karunatiliaka (DSC Prize) Substitute:
Pennant Race - Jim Brosnan (
review)
Yellow:
Whiteman - Tony D'Souza (Florida Book Award) (review coming soon)
Green:
Mud Season - Ellen Stimson (
review)
Blue:
A Fable - William Faulkner (Pulitzer Prize) Substitute:
A Thousand Acres - Jane Smiley (Pulitzer Prize) (
review)
Brown:
The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love - Oscar Hijuelos (Pulitzer Prize) (review coming soon)
Black:
Please Look After Mom - Kyung-Sook Shin (Asian Literary Prize) Substitute:
Circe - Madeline Miller (review coming soon)
White:
Abide with Me - Elizabeth Strout Substitute: Tinkers - Paul Harding (
review)
Any other color: Pink:
Rebecca - Daphne de Maurier Substitute:
The Magnificent Ambersons - Booth Tarkington (
review)
Implied color:
Shadow: The Shadow of Sirius - W.S. Merwin (Pulitzer Prize) Rainbow:
The Colors of All the Cattle - Alexander McCall Smith (
review)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me! I love external validation.