Apparently I didn't put out the birdseed on time yesterday morning. When I opened the back door onto the screened porch, there was a squirrel on the porch!
I'd noticed a few days ago that part of one screen had a few holes in it near the bottom. Now I know why. Apparently those holes were the size of a squirrel's nose. Yesterday they expanded to the size of a squirrel's body -- complete with a nose that can smell birdseed!
The squirrel dashed around the perimeter of the porch a few times and then scooted back outside the way he/she came in.
Now the birdseed is inside the house and the hole is blocked with duct tape.
No harm done, and both of us have a story to tell!
Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after
ReplyDeleteI clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr...
well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just
wanted to say superb blog!