Unless something irresistible comes along, of course.
Overlaps are specifically allowed for this challenge, but I already committed to 9 books, so it didn't seem fair to choose only 12. Why not push ahead, yes? So I've chosen the Mount Blanc level of 24 books that have been "waiting in the wings for weeks...months...even years" -- as eloquently expressed by the sign-up post at My Reader's Block.
The last 5 slots are blank because yikes, I might need some oxygen along the way! Especially if my calculations are correct and when I finish that 19th book I'll have read all the Booker Winners -- cause for celebration at the end of a long road!
Sign-ups go through November 1st, if you're interested.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10. Life and Times of Michael K - J.M. Coetzee (Booker Prize)
11. Rites of Passage - William Golding (Booker Prize)
12. Schindler's Ark - Thomas Kenally (Booker Prize)
13. Holiday - Stanley Middleton (Booker Prize)
14. Something to Answer For - P.H. Newby (Booker Prize)
15. The Elected Member - Bernice Rubens (Booker Prize)
16. The Finkler Question - Howard Jacobson (Booker Prize)
17.
18. The Narrow Road to the Deep North - Richard Flanagan (Booker Prize)
19. A Brief History of Seven Killings - Marlon James (Booker Prize)
20.
21.
22.
23. TBD
24. TBD

So glad you're joining in! Good luck with your climb.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I guess I will have to take a helicopter to reach Checkpoint #2. :-)
Delete