Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Souvenir from New Orleans

I came home with a cold. A real nasty one. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, because cold weather plus airplane air plus shaking the hands of about 50 strangers has got to add up to lowered resistance and lots of germs.

Now that I'm home, I am coughing, feeling feverish and chilly, and going through tangerines (vitamin C), cold meds and tissues like crazy. Work is super-busy right now so I can't stay home. Even my favorite sickie foods aren't improving my attitude. This makes me the world's crankiest patient.

So far the only upside is that C.S. loves how I sound. When I get sick, my voice trades places with Kathleen Turner's.

Before I lose it completely, that is. I figure that's going to happen tomorrow, just in time for a big meeting.

P.S. Body Heat contains probably the best movie line of all time: "You're not too smart, are you? I like that in a man."

3 comments:

  1. LOL. I get this Demi Moore kind of sultlriness right before I lose my voice. It's great for about half a day, then it disappears and I'm left with a croak. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be cranky, but you can still quote a funny line. Planes almost always do it to me. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, y'all. A little sympathy goes a long way toward helping me feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.