Monday, December 7, 2009

Department of Snappy Replies

Willow over at Willow Manor posted about a funny response to a phone solicitor's inquiry, and that reminded me of a few quick rejoinders that became legend in my family.

I tend to be rather flat-footed in the repartee department, so I can appreciate the quick thought and nimble wit it takes to deliver a really good response on the spur of the moment.

And so, without further ado:

Snappy Reply #1:

My dad, answering the phone: Hello?

Caller: Who dis?

My dad: Who you?

Snappy Reply #2:

My mother, answering the doorbell: Hello?

Religious stranger: Good afternoon, M'am. Have you been born again?

My mother: Good Lord, no! We're Episcopalian.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Excellent. I love a witty response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were truly witty at the moment I would come up with a snappy reply....

    alas, not today.

    Instead a rather pedestrian reply to your snappy post!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.