Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Bet You Say That to All the Boys*

I am still piling up rejections for my article (see tally at right) but this one is definitely a step up from the usual "Thanks, anyway" form letter:

I am writing to provide the status of your article.

The members of the Law Journal Board all agreed that your article was very well-written. However, the board decided that the scope of your article is a little too narrow for the articles that the Law Journal publishes.

We apologize for the delay in our decision and encourage you to submit your article to other publications. Actually, we would love for you to submit another article to us in the future as we are very interested in your work and your writing ability.

Again, thank you for your interest in the [law journal]. We look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Even if it's a form letter, I don't care. It's a really nice one!


*Bonus points if you can identify the song introduction this phrase comes from.

3 comments:

  1. That is a really nice response. You should certainly be encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's yet another rejection, but sounds like they truly read the article... it's very encouraging! Looks like they are wanting broader topics :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.