Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Is It Spring Yet?

February around here can only mean one thing: Spring Training! C.S. has reached Maximum Boredom Level, having been off work (mostly) since October, and at a time when most women are thinking about Valentine's Day, I'm thinking about Truck Day. Pitchers and catchers report around the 14th and life gets really good again for us baseball fans.

Meanwhile, here's a shot I took last year at Dodgertown in Vero Beach, during one of the last Spring Training games the Dodgers played there. It's hard to believe there won't be any March baseball at Dodgertown's Holman Stadium this year. It's a gem of a ballpark.

But you can count on me to burn up some vacation days in the next eight weeks, visiting other ballparks and getting my share of sun, hot dogs, and millionaires in tight pants playing a kid's game.

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo with you, I love baseball. I have to make it to a game this summer...at least one.

    I do go and see kids play, but it's not quite the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks J.G. You just had to remind me.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.