Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Password Whine

All of sudden, my passwords have exploded. It used to be sufficient to have just a few, because I never did anything important on line. But now I use the computer more and more to accomplish my daily activities. (Somehow I have even managed to acquire 3 separate e-mail accounts!) Consequently, I find myself frequently exchanging "forgot my username" and "forgot my password" e-mails with the insurance people, the food co-op, the Spring Training ticket sellers, and so on and so forth. I know I should have unique passwords for each contact, and I know I'm not supposed to write them down, but I'm having a little trouble reconciling these two concepts. Only so many brain cells to go around, you know?

Okay, that's today's whine. At least I have remembered the password for blogging. So far, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I have only so much room in my head for passwords. The limit is two. Therefore, I must break the password for everything rule and live in peace. Otherwise, I would have to shoot my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! Even my variations have variations now, and I am lost in alphabet soup.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.