Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Anticipation 2009

First, the Challenge Stack, thanks to the Themed Reading Challenge. These are books that I started and never finished, or that other people have told me they started and never finished. I'm calling them "Guilty Conscience Books" and I'm taking one for the team on those, so to speak.

And if that isn't enough, there's also the Prizes Shelf: the rest of the Man Booker winners, and the rest of the Orange Prize for Fiction winners. I still have to track down a couple of the Man Bookers to make my list complete. But tracking them down is part of the fun!

Oh, and the Great Books compilation my new book group reads . . . . So far, it looks like 2009 is going to be a very good year.

3 comments:

  1. Your book stack and shelf look so tempting! I wish I could see all the titles.

    We have some cross over on our TBR shelves. Brothers K, The Ghost Road, and Shindler's List, and others are all on mine as well, although I'm not sure if I will get to them in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of your proposed "themes" for challenges are funny. If I were a challenge person, I would adopt some of them.

    As for the bugs one, I suggest Pilgrim at Tinker Creek. To understand why, read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose City -- I can hardly wait to get started, myself. Lists of titles will follow soon, so you can see what's what.

    And maybe you'll read my reviews this year, instead of the other way around. Book blog reciprocity!

    Thanks about the themes, and the bug suggestion! I plan to save them for next year, and will add Pilgrim. I had drawn a blank but that fills out the required 4 for that theme. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.