'Tis the season for joining challenges. I always find a few that I simply can't resist.
This year I am hoping to clear out the TBR shelves just a bit, and the Decades 2010 Challenge fits right in with that desire (thanks, Michelle!). I only had to order a few books from PaperbackSwap.com to fill this one out. They are all classics that I will be pleased to add to my repertoire.
Here are the guidelines:
1. Read a minimum of 10 books in 10 consecutive decades in 2010.
2. Books published in the 2000’s do not count.
3. Titles may be cross-posted with any other challenge.
4. You may change your list at any time.
6. Sign up here to join this challenge. Then you can post your links to reviews and check out what other participants are reading.
Like any challenge, this takes a little housekeeping to keep everything straight, but it's a great way to motivate my reading and give it some structure.
My list is:
Underworld - Don DeLillo (1997) Added: Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha - Roddy Doyle (1993)
1980's: The House of the Spirits - Isabel Allende (1982)
1970's: Pilgrim at Tinker Creek - Annie Dillard (1974)
1960's: Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert Heinlein (1961)
1950's: Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury (1953)
1940's: Native Son - Richard Wright (1940)
1930's: The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck (1931)
1920's: Death Comes for the Archbishop - Willa Cather (1927)
1910's: Howards End - E.M. Forster (1910)
1900's: The House of Mirth - Edith Wharton (1905)