Monday, November 9, 2009

Time Change (Not)

It's taking me a long time to adjust to the time change. It happens every fall. Is anyone else having this problem?

I changed my clocks immediately. Including the one in the car, which requires me to refer to the manual every time--I even dog-eared the page, finally, despairing of ever being able to learn that skill when I only practice it twice a year.

I stopped thinking, "Yeah, but it's really . . ." almost as quickly. In short, I am doing my best to acclimate.

But I still wake up consistently at 5:00 a.m. This morning I gave up on trying to get back to sleep and just got up. Perhaps this extra hour's start will mean I'll have a good Monday.

After all, I'm blogging. That's a good sign!

Tonight by 8:30 p.m., I'll be so sleepy I'll struggle to keep my eyes open. After all, it will have been dark for a couple of hours, so it will "feel like" 11:00 p.m.

I'll make myself stay up to a more reasonable bedtime hour. But this strategy doesn't seem to help. It isn't the amount of sleep. It's the timing that's off.

On the other hand, the time change means nothing to the Princess. As long as she gets her 22 hours of sleep per day, she's bright-eyed and good to go for the other 2.

3 comments:

  1. It literally takes me six months to adjust and then the process starts all over again. bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be alone in this, but i so don't even notice it.

    Sorry, you feel lousy...

    O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solidarity, Willow! Lucky you, Oreneta!

    And did I mention that I'm hungry for lunch at 10:30 a.m.?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.