Thursday, November 19, 2009

And the Winner Is.....

If I could pick horses like I pick National Book Award winners for fiction, I'd be a rich guy. As predicted by yours truly in yesterday's post, Let the Great World Spin won this year's title for fiction at ceremonies held last night in New York. And a deserving winner it was, too. Spin was the first one of the five finalists that I read, and I knew immediately it had the makings of a champ. I even told J.G. "I think this one is a winner" before I proceeded on to the other four.

Updated annual prediction total: five of the past six years for a .833 batting average. Beat it Ted Williams.

4 comments:

  1. Now I've got to read the book; it just wasn't on my radar before.

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! That's quite the batting average!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you picked it again!

    Too bad we can't bet the NBA winners like they bet the Bookers in the UK. We'd be counting some cash right now. Good show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on picking the winner. I'll have to update my list.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.