Monday, September 21, 2009

And Speaking of Beverages . . .

I am drinking a new healthy drink and, strangely, enjoying every sip. A friend recommended it to me as the cure for practically everything from bad skin to osteoarthritis, not to mention that if you give it to your horses, it keeps the flies and mosquitoes away. I have to admit, I feel better since I started my sipping.

To make it, mix 1 to 2 teaspoons of Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and honey to taste (or blackstrap molasses or pure maple syrup) in 8 ounces of distilled or purified water. Drink 3 glasses per day, the first on getting up in the morning, and the others an hour before lunch and dinner.

Of course, if I could do all that, I'd lead a much more balanced life. As it is, the recipe has become a squish of honey, a splash of vinegar, and fill up the rest of the glass with water from the Brita pitcher. Drink this whenever I feel like it, starting in the morning (right after my tea).

Even with this loose approximation of the correct method, I do feel more energetic and less creaky. Placebo effect, anyone?

Now, if I could just get a beermosa to go with, now and again. Then I would really feel better.

4 comments:

  1. I may have to give that a go, though I will have to use another brandof organic apple cider.....

    Now I have to go and look up what beermosa is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of this drink but haven't tried it. I have to admit the beermosa sounds better...but not in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny -- I am sitting here drinking my ACV in water reading this. I skip the honey because that is mostly to make the ACV palatable, but I've gotten used to it without so don't mind.

    It is supposed to be a cure-all. Hubby has definitely noticed a drop in his blood pressure since he started, which was the whole point for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, another testimonial! It is still working for me and seems to have quelled my previously near-constant craving for Diet Coke.

    Wonder if it will do a number on my BP as well.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.