Monday, July 20, 2009

And Where Were You?

Forty years ago today, I was glued to the television, like everyone else, watching this incredible event unfold.

It's quite poignant to think of Walter Cronkite today, when he so recently passed on. Will we ever trust a newscaster again, the way we trusted him to tell us the truth? I don't think so.

I heard him talk about it in a retrospective recently (clip on You Tube). He said he had just as much time to prepare for the mission as NASA did. And then when the lunar module actually landed, he didn't know what to say.

We miss you, Uncle Walter.

1 comment:

  1. I was three years old, likely toddling around the house getting into trouble. My parents never talked about seeing the moon landing on TV. They talked about the Kennedy assassination, but not the moon landing. Weird.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.