Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend

Did you wonder if we'd disappeared? Not quite, but J.G. and I were on the go and out of pocket the past several days. We're talking a lake cleanup project, law school gala, baseball (for me) and volunteer work (for her). Hardly a moment's rest. But we managed to squeeze in quite a few dinner dates that ranged the gamut in meals: Thai, Italian, Spanish, steak, Modern American, etc. Our only disappointment from an eating standpoint was that our favorite dive, Hot Dog Heaven, was closed for vacation. Next time!

Somehow I managed to finish Beasts of the Southern Wild by Doris Betts, who was a new author for me. Loved her writing and the stories. Strongly recommended. J.G., meanwhile, continues to slog her way through Dark Night of the Soul. She promises to tell you all about it if and when she ever finishes. Let me just say, from the amount of complaining I've heard, the reveiw won't be favorable. But I'll let her tell you about it.

2 comments:

  1. Bail out HG...bail bail bail....the eating certainly sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No can do! I promised I'd read it for Themed Reading. But I need to put the push on, do nothing else til it's done, and put it behind me. Maybe tonight?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.