Sunday, March 15, 2009

Score!

I've never even SEEN this book, not anywhere, not even in paperback at any Barnes & Noble anywhere. It's the 1973 Booker winner and I found it in almost the first display. First American edition, fine/fine condition: $20.00. I don't think it's ever been read. To say I am "thrilled" doesn't even do it justice. Probably everyone in the place heard me gasp when I saw it. More details to follow, including how C.S. almost had a heart attack over the price of one of my particular favorites.

4 comments:

  1. Jealousy makes me bitter! I have been looking for that book for years, every time I go to a used book store.

    Great find! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this is a good one, Oreneta!!!

    I'll keep looking, Rose City, on your behalf. Don't mean to gloat, but the thrill of the chase is a big part of the fun for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. I carry around my list of "Books to Buy and Read" everywhere -- just in case I find a used book store or library book sale. You never know where you'll find something you've looked for for years!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.