Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Overheard at the Stadium

If you'd attended a Spring Training game recently at Champion Stadium (Braves 4, Red Sox 3 (10)), you might have heard this conversation:

First Inning:
Mom (approx. age 60's, thick Boston accent): That pole is right in my way.
Dad (approx. age 60's): (silence)
Adult Son (approx. age 40's); (silence)

Second Inning:
Mom: I sure wish I could see the batter.
Dad: (silence)
Adult Son: (silence)

Third Inning:
Mom: It's too bad that pole is blocking my view.
Dad: (silence)
Adult Son: (silence)

Fourth Inning:
Mom: This would be such a nice game to watch if I could just see the plate.
Dad: (silence)
Adult Son: (silence)

Fifth Inning:
Mom: These sure are good seats. Except for the pole that's in my way.
Dad: (silence)
Adult Son: (silence)

Sixth Inning:
Mom: It's too bad I can't see the batter because of that pole.
Dad: (silence)
Adult Son: Mom, would you like to switch seats with me?
Mom: Oh, no, dear, I can see just fine.

Other topics of conversation included "Are You Sure You Don't Need to Eat?, Your Sugar Must Be Getting Awfully Low, But Of Course You Know Best" and "When Are We Leaving?"

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like they should have left Mom at home and everyone would have been happier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe. Mom was definitely a "glass half empty" person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Tell my mother in law to get back to Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betcha didn't even know she was on vacation, right, Hula?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.