Monday, March 2, 2009

Double Bagging

Travel season starts up for me Thursday when I head up to Toronto for a week. Now you're going to think I'm totally insane, but my employer gave me the choice -- Toronto or San Juan, P.R. -- and I chose the former. I've visited both and like both. But I wanted to experience a blast of winter. So while Canadians are flocking down to our beaches to thaw out, I'm heading up their way hoping to find a cozy fireplace. Makes sense, right?

First, though, I have to get back to spring training for a couple of days and that means packing two suitcases; a small overnighter with warm-weather basics like shorts, short-sleeved shirts, floppy hat, and sandals to get me through the next couple of days, and the large one containing pants, long-sleeved shirts, sweaters, heavy pea coat, gloves, wool scarf and ski cap to carry me through Toronto.

One final word before I go. I've been preparing scouting reports. No, not for baseball. For bookstores! Toronto looks like it has some good ones even though I'm on this sort of buying fast due to the economy. Perhaps I'll locate some of the Booker Prize winners J.G. is looking for. She gave me her list, just in case.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have fun there...and find a few books!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.