Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Colorful Reading Challenge Books

Here's my list, selected per the rules here and due to be completed by 12/31/09:

Blue: Winterton Blue, by Trezza Azzopardi (a Man Booker Prize finalist for The Hiding Place)

Red: Red-Rose Chain, by Jeffrey Moore (fell in love with it here)

White: The White Tiger, by Aravind Adiga (2008 Man Booker Prize winner, already TBR)

Black: The Black Prince, by Iris Murdoch (a book fair find from a favorite author)

Silver: The Silver Donkey, by Sonya Hartnett (couldn't resist after this)

Gold: Joss and Gold, by Shirley Geok-lin Lim (taking a chance based on these themes)

Plus my choices:

Yellow: Half of a Yellow Sun, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (2007 Orange Prize winner, so already TBR)

Green: The Greengage Summer, by Rumer Godden (another favorite author, already TBR). But I'm still hoping to locate The Green Equinox, by Elizabeth Mavor, instead. It's a Man Booker shortlisted novel but it's nowhere (and therefore, my latest quest object). Even ABE doesn't have it.

Purple: Purple Hibiscus, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (doubling up on Adichie based on this)

In case you are joining and stuck for color ideas, I've got two helpful words for you: Travis McGee.

4 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm such a poor book reader I would never pass this one. :|

    Good for you, I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you added this challenge. Since it is the only one I am doing, I am interested to see all the "color" books people come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, no guarantees I will pass it, but I work well with a deadline so here's hoping.

    Rose City, me, too. Probably more creative choices than mine! Thanks for introducing me to this challenge for the second half of my reading year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the challenge! Your choices look very interesting. I look forward to reading them! I couldn't get through my pick for white (The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins) and was thinking about The White Tiger instead. It looks so good based on everyone's reactions. I look forward to reading your reviews! I will post them on the challenge post as you complete them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.