Saturday, February 21, 2009

As the Saying Goes . . .

Time was invented to keep everything from happening at once.

Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.

I'm going through one of those too-busy phases when everything happens NOW. The cat needed dental work, which meant dropping her off at the vet's first thing in the morning, worrying about her all day while dealing with various crises at work, then picking her and her two medicines up in the late afternoon and coddling her all evening while she purred up a storm with her head on my shoulder and developed a huge post-anesthesia appetite. It breaks my heart to see her little shaved leg and site bruise where the I.V. was put in. But she was so happy to be home! Maybe she thought she would never see me again, and would spend the rest of her life in a cage, except for being handled by kind but scary strangers.

As if this wasn't enough to keep me occupied, my computer at home has refused to do anything helpful. It will come up, but it won't go on-line. Or it will go on-line, but it won't let me log in. It freezes at every opportunity. It took several attempts just to get it to shut down properly. I have officially declared it crashed and will have IT involved first thing Monday. Meanwhile I am computer-less at home.

Just what I don't need, when I have office hours today for my writing coach gig, followed by a meeting this afternoon and a work assignment due by 6 p.m. I can factor in a trip to the office (which is where I am now) and still get everything done, but it's definitely not good timing. Which makes me wonder if computers ever crash when there's nothing urgent on the agenda. (And if so, how would you know?)

So, you may ask: why am I blogging? Because it's way more fun than real life!

Well, except for the happy cat part.

5 comments:

  1. When in doubt, blog.

    Perhaps, your computer is like you. It just needs a little break. I think a good book and a hot cup of tea would help, but then again it's snowing here, and I'm feeling lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang tough....I love Hula's comment, when in doubt, blog....

    ReplyDelete
  3. When in doubt . . . Oh yeah! It's very effective. And it sounds much better than "whining." Thanks, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your cat had to have the dental work right away. Of course there never is a good time to drop your pet off for a procedure.

    Hope IT gets your laptop fixed for you so you won't have to run back to the office for every little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. It doesn't sound good. Computer problems are annoying and I hope your cat feels better sooN!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.