Thursday, January 15, 2009

Calling All Ghostbusters



Please tell J.G. she has nothing to fear. We're contemplating a visit to St. Petersburg and the historic Vinoy hotel, which some claim is haunted. A few years ago, a pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds swore he was visited by a ghost inside his room while other major leaguers have backed up the story with those of their own. http://www.hauntedbaseball.com/preview.html


I've stayed at the Vinoy quite a few times over the years and have yet to see a ghost, hear any strange noises, or ever wonder to myself, 'You know, I think there's a ghost in my room.' I've known a few frightened ballplayers who have refused to stay at the Vinoy and checked into other hotels when their teams were in town. Now, after listening to my stories, J.G. is a little spooked and isn't so sure she wants to stay there.


Anyone have any suggestions to help ease J.G.'s concerns?


5 comments:

  1. Ummmm, a really good dinner out somewhere with a lot of garlic on the menu? It works for vampires, maybe for ghosts too, if not, at least you get a great meal before a sleepless night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Oreneta. If J.G. eats too much garlic, it might scare ME away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What makes you think the ghosts are not friendly? You might make some new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say go to the basement right away and get that part over. If you don't see anything in the basement, you're good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could be right, Ruby Isabella. It doesn't appear, from the stories I've read about the Vinoy ghosts, that any have done harm. I'm not sure I would have the nerve to check out the basement, if one exists, Hulagirlatheart. But I understand the strategy.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I love external validation.